If you have experienced any serious injuries, they may have had an adverse impact on your daily life. Many times, innocent people are harmed as a result of someone else’s negligence or even intentional conduct. In these cases, an injured victim can file a claim against the party who is at fault. If the claim is successful, the party responsible for the incident has to pay for all the losses including medical bills and other expenses.
In some cases, a person may have to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance to get the complete recovery. If you or someone whom you love has been a victim of someone else’s mistakes then you should seek advice from a knowledgeable Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer who can guide you on how to file a claim and how to get the maximum compensation. A competent lawyer will advise about all the legal rights and how you need to proceed with the personal injury case.
Common types of Personal injuries in Dallas
Most personal injury lawsuits in Dallas are filed for injuries resulting from accidents or careless conduct. Some of the serious personal injuries include the following:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, paralysis
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Fractures & broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Knee injuries
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder, foot, and knee injuries
- Lacerations, road rash, and bruises
- Soft tissue injuries
- Crush injuries
- Burn injuries
If you have been injured by someone in any of these ways, then to recover from the emotional, mental, physical, and financial damages it would be advisable to consult a skilled Dallas Car Accident Attorney.
Types of Damages that occur after a personal injury
A person who has been injured badly can recover from various types of damages discussed as follows:
- Non-economic damages that cannot be measured such as pain, suffering, mental anguish, and emotional stress.
- Lost income that the person used to earn before facing the injuries
- Financial losses such as medical bills and other expenses incurred from the injuries sustained.
- Lost future earning potential due to loss of limbs or permanent disability.
- Punitive damages, in cases of extreme negligence.
The family of the injured person can also recover for damages such as loss of companionship or loss of affection, or even file a lawsuit in case of wrongful death if the person has died.
Some of the personal injuries claim that lawyers handle
- Car Accidents: Many personal injury cases are the result of car crashes. These accidents can result in substantial injuries or even death. Serious car accidents can cause permanent impairment, long-term medical conditions, and disfigurement that may diminish the quality of life of the injured person.
- Truck Accidents: In Dallas, truck accidents often lead to catastrophic injuries and in extreme cases, can be fatal. Truck accidents are considered complicated cases in which more than one or two parties may be involved. The victims of these accidents can suffer serious and life-altering injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: As there is a high volume of traffic in Dallas, there are many drivers who drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. These are the fundamental causes of pedestrian accidents that are often serious. Even if the victim survives, they are likely to have sustained permanent disability or other catastrophic injuries.
- Motorcycle Accidents: All motorcyclists are at a higher risk of facing severe injuries or even death in case of a collision. The consequences that can follow are significant, including permanent disability, brain injuries, or spinal cord injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: Health care providers are expected to meet the standards of care of a reasonably competent and skilled professional. However, in many cases, doctors, nurses, and other medical staff fail to meet those standards and the patient gets injured as a result of their negligence. Medical malpractice can have fatal consequences, and even surviving patients may go through a lot of pain.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists are often at a higher risk of facing accidents as they tend to use less protective gear. They can sustain serious injuries or even death. Some common injuries that cyclists face are brain and spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and road rash.
- Birth Injuries: Medical professionals must maintain and follow certain protocols and standards of care, and must avoid any negligence. However, in some cases doctors attending the birth of a child neglect to practice careful and ongoing monitoring of the child, causing injuries to the baby. In this case, the child’s family can file a lawsuit.
If you have suffered any type of personal injury, it is important to seek legal guidance from an experienced lawyer. A lawyer will help you file a lawsuit against the negligent party and get monetary compensation for your loss.